Friday, March 7, 2014

Weekly Links: Queen of Quizzes

                                         

Happy Friday! 
Another week has flown by. It's actually mind blowing that my spring break is over. I was (and still am) sick for every precious second of it. Not even an incessant cough or dwindling voice could stop me from spending time with old friends or going out to eat for almost every meal. I think I have a better chance at gaining the freshman 15 when I'm home than when I'm at school... oops. 

*Click the hypertext to be redirected to the original article*


 Alright, so it's no surprise that  the whole John Travolta  Adele Dazeem Idina Menzel mix up from Sunday night went viral. Have you guys 'travoltified' your name yet? Anyways, also going viral this week: Jimmy Fallon and Idina's remake of 'Let it go' which you can watch here


No one likes the SATs. Arguably one of the most stressful parts of the college process, the SATs are being overhauled once again. The changes won't go into effect until 2016, but the essay will be optional, the test will also have an online option and scoring will go back to its original 1600 scoring scale. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jealous of all these changes, but I'm more than happy to be done with the test for good.


3 year old Emily James and I have a few things in common. First of all, we both love the movie Tangled and I mean, who doesn't? Another thing is that we both have cut and donated our hair to kids with cancer.  Emily's parents documented her experience and it was a very touching thing to watch. What an inspiring girl she already is at such a young age!


Online quizzes are literally taking up all of my time. Buzzfeed rolls out at least 5 different quizzes a day and I feel no shame in doing every single one of them. They range from the normal " What city should you live in?" to the not so normal "What type of potato are you?" and there's one for just about every show or fandom out there. Why do we waste our time doing these things? Since the sudden surge of random quizzes, many people have said we do them out of narcissism, but Wired looks at them in a different way. Instead of seeing ourselves as self absorbed, which we all are guilty of at times, its interesting to see the total opposite view point in this compelling article.

Random Little Links:

Have a great weekend everyone!
Best,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Tell me what you think: