Sunday, March 9, 2014

Recipe: Baby Cheesecakes



You know what I've been missing? A recipe! So let's make this Monday a sweet one.

Anyone who knows me knows I love dessert. Cookies, cupcakes, brownies- anything filled with sugary goodness has  a special place in my heart. One dessert that is equally super easy to make as it is to eat is cheesecake. But not just any kind of cheesecake. I'm talking about baby cheesecake, baby.

The best part? Because they're miniature, it's easier to portion control and each person can add their own topping(s).

I first made these a few summers ago for the fourth of July. With blueberries, raspberries, strawberries and a light base, these petite treats make the perfect patriotic statement. Something to keep in mind  for when July rolls around.


This recipe makes 15 beautiful baby cheesecakes
Here's what you'll need:

1 (8 ounce) package of cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 tablespoon vanilla
1/2 tablespoon lemon juice or lemon extract ( not pictured because I forgot it... d'oh!)
1 egg
A box of vanilla wafers ( you will not use the whole box)



1.  Preheat your oven at 375. Blend  your cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice* ( I used lemon extract) , vanilla and egg with a mixer.
*Lemon juice and extract do exactly the same thing. However, extract is  more powerful so  you must use it sparingly!* 



2. In cupcake pans, place down cupcake liners. Add one vanilla wafer, round side up, into each liner. 




3. Next, add  2 tablespoons of your cream cheese filling to each cupcake liner,which hopefully don't look as topsy-turvy as mine.

4. Place your cheesecakes in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
5. Place your cheesecakes in the refrigerator to chill or in the freezer  if you want to chill them faster. When serving, put whatever toppings (berries, whip cream, chocolate, powdered sugar etc.) you desire on top!


Since I finished all my blueberries during breakfast, I smothered this batch in chocolate and powdered sugar. So yummy.  Hey- in less than 20 minutes, you could be eating these too.

Have a great week!

Best,
Sarah

1 comment:

  1. You can also do girl scout trefoil cookies on the bottom! Those are really good too!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Tell me what you think: