Monday, December 22, 2014

Music Monday: The Eclectic Mix


Good morning and happy Monday!
 (I mean Christmas is this week so it is a happy Monday, right?)


An artist, whether they create with their hands, brushes, the written word or through sound all try to capture life. Art has a great deal of fluidity, making it possible to appeal to so many of us. For me, the easiest art form to connect to is music. 

The way a song is written or composed can incorporate so many widespread emotions- happiness, anger, sadness- that it is nearly impossible not to find a piece that just gets you. Music really is a universal language we can all not only understand, but also feel.

And that's pretty powerful.

Today I bring you some of my favorite songs of the moment.
I've shared some other songs in the past as well which you can check out below:

*If on a mobile device, click the hyperlinks to be redirected to the song*

 Dearly Departed by Shakey Graves



When I get my Hands on You by The New Basement Tapes


Left Hand Free by Alt- J


Ready to Run by One Direction


Sex and Candy by Maroon 5
I love the original version from Mercy Playground, but this cover is almost too good.


Let me know what songs you're obsessed with at the moment; I'd love to check them out and take a listen!

Best,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Tell me what you think: