Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year! Now Let's Get to Work


Happy new year everyone!

I could start this post by saying today is the start of a new chapter. Cheers to page one.

I could say 'New year, new me' across a plethora of social media.

 I could say that your  newest resolution is awesome and you will definitely stick with it.  

While these are all nice gestures, I'm ridding of the cliche's to simply say: you've made it. We've made it. Ehh, somewhat.  After looking back on all of 2014's events it's safe to say that while we're all older, we are not wiser. 

Here's some food for thought to put your new year in perspective.  This is not a resolution, but rather thoughts on  actions that we all know we should be doing but have forgotten somewhere along the way. Let's get back on track.

We still dwell on the things we cannot change. 
Our mindsets are our biggest hinderance, yet one of the easiest things to adjust. All we have to do is try. Approach things with a positive outlook. Get rid of the things that drag you down and don't make you you

Here are some ways I've adopted a more positive mindset and I know you can too:

1.  Correct yourself. 
This is a great tip I've learned from my roommate. Every time you say you hate something, stop and counteract your statement with 3 things that are positive about the before mentioned person, situation, etc. It's actually very therapeutic! When you let this practice be known, your friends will catch you every time you say something negative, forcing you to correct yourself. Chances are your friends will start doing this too- you can start the trend.

2.  Start a positivity jar. 
There's good in every single day. Seriously. I've blogged about this in the past and will be able to open my jar in a few months. You can read about the positivity jar project in full here.

We still refuse to accept other's differences.
We are surrounded by so many beautiful things. Beautiful people. In turn, we can create tons of beautiful memories by simply taking a step back and appreciating what other people have gone through, what they have to offer. And while we're at it, let's stop dwelling on all the things in the world that just downright suck.

In befriending and supporting others (and ourselves!) we can truly enrich our lives. 

 So here's to a new year, a new way of thinking.
If you approach things with an open mind- I can assure you that the best is yet to come.

With love,

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year!! I agree with you that there's something good in everyday and a positivity jar is such a good idea, I'm going to see if I can give it a go and stick at it

    nimblenote.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you my dear. Happy new year to you as well! The positivity jar is so fun, I know you'll be able to stick with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a jar similar to your positivity jar, but instead it is full of things I hope to accomplish in the coming year! When the next New Years Day strikes, I open it up and see if I did what I had hoped 365 days prior. Really enjoyed your post btw!
    aricamccarthy@wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Tell me what you think: