Sunday, April 6, 2014

There's Good in Every Day


Hello everyone! 
On Friday I talked about a special project that I  have started to work on. As promised, I'm going to share it with you all today. Credit goes to my friend Rachel who first told me about this idea and prompted me to start doing it!

There's an event on Facebook called Gratitude Journal. It has recently surged in popularity  and its sole purpose is to write three things that you are thankful for every single day. I love looking at everyone's posts to see what makes them happy whether it be genuine or something silly.

 I absolutely love this idea, yet I also feel like if you cherish certain things that much, you don't really need to tell a plethora of strangers on the internet. Right?

It's great to share what makes you happy! 
I wholeheartedly don't think people do it enough- hence why events like these are on Facebook. Time and time again we seem to only dwell on the bad things that have happened to us - why is that? We all deserve to be happy. My special project goes off of the idea of seeing the good things in your life.


The task is simple. 
Every day write as many things you can think of that were good  or positive that day. Even if you think your day sucked. Pick one thing.  Then, tuck it away somewhere. An envelope, a jar, a box, but whatever you do, don't look at it again. Stick with this, because it will all be worth it in the end.

At the end of the year, I want you to find that envelope, jar or box and take a look at it. A lot can happen in a day, week, month or year. Our lives are made up of  a lot of big events, but there are also a ton of  precious, simple moments tucked in there that we often overlook. 

By writing down those little things, you can see what made you happy or smile within the past year.  It's a sentimental way to celebrate just how much good is in your day, even if at times it's hard to keep that in mind.


"Everyday may not be good, but there's good in every day" and that's something to sincerely be grateful for.

Best,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Tell me what you think: