Friday, June 20, 2014

Weekly Links: Test Driving Clothes?


Hello friends!
Thank god it's Friday. This is me as I currently type this post:


What are your plans for the weekend? I may or may not be doing something different to my hair. Guess you'll have to come back Monday to find out for sure. 

*Click the hypertext below to be redirected to the original article*


 Sometimes all you need is a sign. In this case,  a litteral sign located in Pittsburgh. Every month a different person gets the chance to put a message on this billboard dubbed 'The Last Billboard'.  If you're in Pittsburgh you can find the billboard on the corner of Highland and Baum. If you just want to admire from afar you can  look at past messages from the link above or even submit an inspirational message yourself.


18 year old Courtney Barich set a new trend for prom this season: showing up wearing a potato sack.  You might be laughing at this, but her unique fashion choice raised $10,000 for charity. The money went to Saint Martin de Porres Orphanage in Manila where Courtney and some of her classmates actually went on to visit and helped build houses in the community. Courtney teamed up with designer Suman Faulkner of Lata Design to create a burlap prom dress (above) - which actually turned out to be so darn cute! You can read more about Courtney's story here.

It's no secret I love Pinterest. I, like many others, pin different things all day long in hopes that we will sometime get around to actually attempting a recipe or making a cool DIY project our own. We pin things so we don't forget them and I can promise you almost every girl has a secret wedding board. I know you do. This week Mashable actually acted on popular DIY pins to see if they work. After reading this, maybe just maybe I'll actually start doing some of the tremendous things I pin. ( PS- you can follow me here!)


Shopping is so fun, but more often than not I tend to come home and realize that I just didn't like something as much as I thought I would. Blame it on the mirrors and store lighting or even my rash judgment, but things end up being returned constantly. GU, which is located in Tokyo is solving all our shopping woes by allowing customers to 'test drive' clothing before they buy it.  This is only happening until the end of this month, but if all goes well this could become a regular thing. Here's the catch: items must be returned/ bought the same day you take them out. However, this is a really cool concept that could become routine in the future!
 
Random Little Links:

Thanks for hanging out with me. Have a great weekend everyone! Enjoy!
 
Best,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Tell me what you think: