Monday, June 30, 2014

A Look Into My Weekend

Hello there everyone!
I hope you all had a relaxing weekend.  My weekend was quick, but filled with great company and yummy treats.

On Saturday, everyone and their mother (except me) went to see Fall Out Boy and Paramore. One of those people includes my sister, Jen, and I was very jealous. However, I helped Jen get ready for the concert and I'm glad she had so much fun. I spent the night with one of my dearest friends and we watched Ferris Bueller's Day Off. I hate to admit it, but it was my first time ever watching it. I know. The movie was just as fabulous as any concert, but next time Fall Out Boy or Paramore comes around, I'm tagging along!


Tank Top:  Bethany Mota for Aeropostale
Flannel:  Forever 21
Shorts: Forever 21
Shoes: Converse
Nail color: Sinful Colors (I believe the color is called Happy Ending)


 Isn't she cute? Jen also decided to add some temporary green to her hair, and why not when Paramore's Hayley Williams is known for crazy hair? Jen picked up Hot Huez while out shopping and loved that there were 4 colors to choose from. I watched her apply this to her hair in 3 seconds flat with no mess whatsoever. For more temporary hair color ideas, you can look at my pastel post from last week by clicking here!

On Sunday, I was bit by the baking bug. I love baking, but hadn't made anything in such a long time! I made two different cookie recipes that were so delicious and easy I just had to share them with you on this fine morning. 


Quick side note: In between batches, I followed my dog Caesar around the house. (He's been on the blog before: here and here) He was quite sleepy and did not like the fact that a camera was in his face, but he's grown a ton and new pictures of him were long overdue. Plus a sleepy puppy in the cutest kind of puppy.

Flourless Fudge Cookies
 

 
I found this recipe from ihearteating (what an appropriate title!) With only 6 ingredients, these cookies can be made in no time. They are the perfect combination of chewy and crunchy.  These cookies will have you thinking 'Are these fudge brownies in disguise?' Also, if you love eating left over batter, and who doesn't, this batter is to die for, just sayin'.
 
Flourless Peanut butter Chocolate Chip Cookies



My dad found this recipe last weekend and it was so good that we had to make them again in just a week's time. These flourless peanut butter cookies taste just like a Reese's cup- can't go wrong there. These babies take no time to make and by the time they come out of the oven they are already devoured.

There's no specific reason as to why both recipes are flourless.  It just happened to be the luck of the draw.  I know flourless cookies sound a bit weird when flour is what binds dough together and produces fluffy cookies, but I can assure you- no flour, no problem.  Flourless cookies allow people with  a Gluten allergy to enjoy a yummy treat. They're a tad healthier than regular cookies, but still just as sweet!

It's Monday, you deserve a cookie. 
Have a great week!
Best,
Sarah

1 comment:

  1. I need to try both those cookies THEY LOOK SO GOOD!!! Thanks for sharing them

    https://nimblenote.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Tell me what you think: