Tuesday, January 12, 2016

My Lazy Day Favorites



Hello there!

You know what I love about being home on break? The fact that I can do nothing. Or better yet, do nothing and not feel as guilty about it as I would if I was at school. My days consist of watching the morning talk show circuit and then checking Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat and repeat. Maybe I'll see some friends, maybe I'll watch some Netflix- I have no pressing commitments.

Being lazy is quite nice.

As we all know, good things must come to an end, and I'm all packed and ready  to get back into the swing of things up at school. I like lounging in pjs until noon just as much as the next college student, but I am itching to actually be, well, not a lazy bum.

Consider this post as taking one small step towards being a productive member of society once again. Here's a list of my favorite things:


You know how, when you clean your room for the first time in what seems like years, you unearth some wonderful things? NYC's City Proof Twistable Intense Lip Color is one of those things. The Ballroom Blush shade is perfect for my fair skin tone and has lasted for hours through numerous cups of green tea and all of my snacking. Pair this with mascara, and you'll already feel more put together. I'm not sure when I bought this, but present day me is so happy that I did. Think Clinique's Chubby Sticks- for only $3 (!)- that also smells like cherries. 


Meemoms 'The Big Bun' French Toast

I don't know how it took me this long to discover Meemoms in Middletown, New Jersey. My heart and taste buds have never been SO happy to encounter brunch in my life.  The best thing about brunch is that you can eat yummy food and socialize all before noon, then take a nap afterwards and still feel like you did something with your day. With over 15 types of french toast alone, I'm almost positive that Meemoms is the 8th wonder of the world.


Forks over Knives: Roasted Veggie Pasta

This past semester, one of my professors showed my class the Forks over Knives documentary. If you've never watched it, I strongly recommend that you do! It's backed by years and years of evidence by Dr. Campbell and Dr. Caldwell. It shows just how harmful the foods we eat on a daily basis are and how they are affecting us.  Very simply, here's a run down of the diet: whole foods, fruits and veggies. Say goodbye to meat, eggs, refined sugar and oil. I KNOW, IT SOUNDS CRAZY- and while I am not a diehard follower of the diet, I can vouch for many of the recipes (like the one you see above) because they are just too darn delicious. Don't be confused: this is not a fad diet, it's backed by irrefutable scientific evidence. The documentary and recipes are both now permanent favorites of mine.



Mario Badescu Drying Lotion

I don't find myself in Sephora or Ulta much these days, but some products still resonate. I recall seeing and have since heard rave reviews on Mario Badescu skincare.  So after doing some research, and seeing just how sad my skin was, I decided to buy this drying lotion. With only 10 ingredients that effectively combatted acne overnight like some sort of black magic, this was a wonderful purchase.


Last but not least,  it's true that the best things in life are free. I love this free printable calendar from Short Stop Designs.  (If this calendar doesn't strike your fancy, I have even more printables on my Pinterest page) I can't wait to put it up in my dorm room. Here's to a productive 2016!

What are some of your "favorites" right now? Let me know!

With love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Tell me what you think: